Amber L. Ladner is a native of Birmingham, Alabama. She was admitted to the Alabama State Bar after receiving her law degree in 2003 from Birmingham School of Law. After graduation, Ms. Ladner established her law practice in Birmingham concentrating on criminal defense and family law.
Ms. Ladner was named a RISING STAR by SUPERLAWYER’S of Alabama in 2012.
Ms. Ladner’s work in the courtroom has earned her a number of honors, including: Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Merit Award (2010), Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association President’s Award (2010), Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association President’s Award (2008). Ms. Ladner is currently the President-Elect of the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association and a past president of the Greater Birmingham Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Ms. Ladner is a seasoned courtroom attorney who has successfully tried numerous criminal jury trials in both State and Federal Courts in Alabama. Ms. Ladner also has extensive experience handling family law, child custody and divorce matters. She has guided many grateful clients through difficult and oftentimes contentious divorce cases.
Ms. Ladner is a member of the Alabama State Bar, The Birmingham Bar Association, The Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and the Greater Birmingham Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Ladner has also represented numerous clients on appeal including the following decisions:
- U.S. v. Erland, 352 Fed.Appx. 363 (11th Cir. 2009)
- U.S. v. Nolan, 323 Fed.Appx. 769 (11th Cir. 2009)
- U.S. v. Dixon, 297 Fed.Appx. 865 (11th Cir. 2008)
- U.S. v. Fastnacht, 261 Fed.Appx. 197 (11th Cir. 2007)
- U.S. v. Childers, 254 Fed.Appx. 772 (11th Cir. 2007)
- U.S. v. Houston, 249 Fed.Appx. 784 (11th Cir. 2007)
- U.S. v. McElrath, 249 Fed.Appx. 762 (11th Cir. 2007)
- U.S. v. Carpenter, 214 Fed.Appx. 966 (11th Cir. 2007)
- Carlisle v. State, 963 So.2d 170 (Ala.Crim.App. 2006)